15 January 2007

Monday - 101 Ways to Brighten your Day

The topics of conversation from the team today were Leo Sayer's pants, Jade's mum and David Beckham's forthcoming transfer to America where he will play 'soccerball' in front of thousands of adoring Mexican immigrants.

I was called into an impromptu meeting in Anne's cave with the other team leaders. There was good news and bad news.

The bad news was that an auditor was going to visit the department this week. The good news was that he wasn't arriving until Wednesday, so we had two days in which to prepare for his visit.

We were all given the strictest of instructions to ensure that no-one in our teams' were to so much as break wind in a non-company way when he arrived.

When I sat back at my desk Dan was in the middle of explaining how he brightened his day.

"Sometimes, I lower my chair as far as it will go and look around the office. Its incredible how something as simple as a change of perspective can make a view more interesting," he told the team.

I've found a cupboard in which to lock Dan for the duration of the auditors visit.

2 comments:

J'nes said...

how in heaven's name do you not get more comments? I thoroughly enjoy your blogging - it's very entertaining - keep it up!

Kelly said...

Welcome and Thank you! But how did you find yourself here in the 4th level basement of the internet?