29 June 2006

Thursday - Whipping Boy

Anne was in her angry spot this morning, berating Gary, but loudly so that everyone knew she was doing it.

"Several end of month reports are conspicuous by their absence," She said.

Gary - who seems to be getting smaller and smaller and quieter and quieter by the day - answered: "Whose reports? They were all supposed to be in on the second day of the month,"

"Luke and Tracey," Anne replied. Now I knew this was wrong. I'd completed mine within the deadline. It had been sitting in the reports folder - waiting to be signed off by Anne, which by rights she had to do by the third day of the month - and obviously hadn't. I couldn't speak for Tracey.

Luckily Gary was on the ball. He told Anne that they'd both been completed and were waiting for Anne's sign-off. Anne deflated like a beach ball but it was only momentarily. She pumped herself up again even bigger than before as her fight reflex kicked in. "Well they're not where they should be. I'm fed up with people moving folders around on the network. I seriously think that we should start to restrict peoples access rights on some areas. Don't worry. I'll track the reports down. I'll find them," She said to Gary as she boldly marched back to her cave, huffing and puffing.

Jez wandered over. "Did Anne say something about the monthly reports?" He whispered to me casually.

I nodded.

"Ah. I better do mine then," he said and returned to his desk.

No comments: