24 July 2006

Monday - Dan's Free Scotch Egg of Doom

Only two days to go until IT have passed their SLA for delivery of my IT request. Of course I've not heard any thing from them on it since my last heated discussion with them. I suspect that no one has looked at it yet and it is probably won't be until the SLA has passed. To IT, the term 'Action by' translates as 'Instigate action on'.

Anne told us how lucky we were to have her as a boss this morning. Gary is looking more and more drawn with each passing day. I believe he may regret his decision to join this company and leave the service of his last employer. Anne has already started to drop hints about getting a troubleshooter in to sort our problems out. She seems to have forgotten that that was Gary's role when he joined us.

To cheer myself up I found myself tagging along with the staff on a foray at lunchtime. It wasn't that I deliberately went out with them, Dan and Gareth just happened to be walking in the same direction for lunch.

It was quite educational. Their greatest daily obstacle was endeavouring to make sure that they didn't miss any of the scantily clad women that seem to flood the streets when the temperature rose. They taught me how to forage for food from the freebie promotional people that occassionally hung around on the High Street. Yesterday it had been some tinned fruit drink that contained less citric acid and sodium benzoate than usual fruit flavoured soft-drinks but was made with almost 25% real fruit extract. Dan told me that after eighteen of those bad boys he'd spent most of yesterday afternoon on the toilet. Today it was a new scotch egg based snack that those other wage slaves with less pride than I queued up for at the stand put up for the promotional campaign.

Gareth and Dan nabbed twenty between them. I just got the two from the girls that pressed them into my hands as I passed. We saw Dave trying on his cheeky cockney charm with one of the promotional girls. He gave her his number promising that 'he'd show her a good time,'. He then saw us and then kept muttering that 'there were gonna be repercussions'.

Back at the office Jo told us how she was such a good judge of character. Dan politely ate his scotch-egg based snack without saying a word.

No comments: