15 May 2006

Monday - Sniper Fire

First off - I'd like to mention that I'm continuing to have connection problems. The likely culprit is now the BT phone line, which BT are coming out to fix this week. Hopefully I'll be able to update the blog on more regular basis.

------------------------------------------------------

First off - there is gossip in the team. Jo is going out with Dave, despite the fact that he is a git, Jo has fallen for whatever unseen charms elude the rest of us. In her words - 'He's really sweet underneath it all. You just don't see the real Dave.'

Dan need I say it, is gutted.

I however, haven't been paying much attention to the office gossip as I have been too busy ducking from the sniper fire, aimed by Jez in my direction. He's a devious one that Jez. A few well places comments made to certain people when I'm not looking and I'm pinned down in my corner with no defence and no where to run to.

Most of it untrue or is just half the story but it's enough to do damage and as its not said to my face, I have no means to challenge it.

I could play the same game. I could let slip to Anne about the long lunches, Jez takes on a Friday or the complaints that he's buried or the embellished expense claims but despite what he does, I just cannot bring myself to do it because I don't feel that its fair. Some people might say I'm too soft and I'm doing myself no favours but that's just not my way.

The team's picked up on it as well. Jez and his team now swagger about the place telling anyone who'll listen that Jez will soon be the new manager.

"Anne hates us," said Gareth. "They're going to be laying off people and we're going to be first ones to go," he continued in typical paranoid, conspiracy theory style.

"Don't be ridiculous," I told the team trying to make them feel a bit more positive. "We're in the same position as everyone else. No-one's being made redundant. There's no favouritism," I said.

It would have worked too, but for Anne, who choose that point to wander over to Jez and exclaim very loudly.

"So how is my star team then!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet Jo is going out with Dave because she thinks you guys are picking on him. Y'all go overboard with your insults and she positions herself to defend him. If you started saying how much you like Dave, I bet she'd start complaining about him. Then it would seem like her own idea that she could do better and is entitled to better.

Anne sure is a prick.

I'm not sure Gareth is paranoid, frankly.

Kelly said...

Perhaps it hasn't come across clearly enough in the blog. Any comments made to Dave are purely a reaction to the things that he says to everyone else.